Saturday, April 3, 2010

March Madness!!!! :)

March brought visitors to my little world in Florida.
My cousin, Michael, drove from New Jersey, all the while texting me despite my Aunt & I telling him not to text and drive. I was very happy to have him stay with me, while I bored him to tears with my rants on school and life. He, the typical Italian, took over my kitchen and cooked for me while he was here. It was soo delicious! :)
Despite my school work, and not being able to take off from work, it was an extremely fun visit!
The following week, to my delight, PJ flew in from Maine - with weather and a connecting flight - to Orlando, FLA to spend his spring break with me! :) After a very long year without seeing him, to say he was a sight for sore eyes is the cheesiest cliche ever, but it totally fits. He provided the perfect ending to an incredibly insane month.
In between school work (poor guy had to hear me on conference calls for school!) we had an awesome time going to theme parks, Tampa, Lakeland, and driving all over the place (um, that'd be because Miss Bene Fit lacks a GPS).
It was an amazing vacation. PJ knows me so well it is a bit scary. Love him like a brother. Love his honesty, his ability to say what he means and how he always asks for what he wants (even if it's Taylor Ham, Egg & Cheese late at night), his attitude, his intellect, his technical genius, his flexibility, his laugh, his sense of humor, his wit, his point of view on EVERYTHING (how he always makes me say, "Wow, I never really thought of it that way"), his insane addiction to Tyra Banks' ANTM, his kindness, his patience, his listening skills, his taste in music/ movies/ television/ books, his wanting to sugar coat the most brutal facts of my reality - but, yet, he never needs to - I can take it!, how he loves food almost as much as me, how he doesn't think I am weird for absolutely adoring Bollywood or Indian music, but most importantly... I love his friendship - and what being PJ's friend means to me. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

See our entire photo album here.

We all have a cherished garden we tend -
It is planted with love of family and friends.
The memories and dreams we treasure and share
Are like beautiful roses found blooming there.
The comfort and care on which we depend
Is given with love between family and friends.
The sunshine of laughter and rain of a tear
Only make our love grow with each passing year.
We may all be ourselves with no need to pretend
Because of the love of family and friends;
They notice the rainbows and weather the showers.
They overlook weeds and praise all our flowers.
The most valuable thing is the time that we spend
Tending this garden with family and friends.
When counting our blessings, we know from the start
That family and friends come first in our heart.

Family & Friends © Jill Wolf

4 comments:

Jules said...

I love how you described your friendship with PJ and the things you love about it. Beautiful.

PJ said...

Jeez, I am pretty awesome, aren't I!! LOL! I love you Squish for ALL the same reasons!!!!! In the indelible words of Janet Jackson, I miss you much!!!

AnnInMaine said...

I luv that poem!

Beautiful!

MsThang said...

Girl, when you coming back? Did a gig in NYC - wish you were there - you could have slammed with your gorgeous words about PJ. It make a great poem.
Think about it!
What a great post!!